Monday, October 25, 2010

Traveling Perils

I was so happy to get to travel to my mothers for an impromptu vacation! Off I go, 5 hours north, rental car that drives like a dream ... and was apparently cleaned with gallons of corny cleaning fluids. I had hives on my face 1 hour into the trip. After the hives appeared I began to pay attention to the hundreds of miles of corn fields I was driving through and started to get a little nervous about this trip.

Got a hotel as there was lots of family at mom's... found I was allergic to EVERYTHING in the hotel, from the sheets to the pillows to the towels to the carpet *sigh*. Back to stay at mom's.

Eating wasn't too bad as I was the designated chef given my allergy.

I had hives for a week and was VERY happy to get home even though I missed all the family I had to say goodbye to.

The silver lining on this red blotchy cloud is that my mother has feather pillows instead of foam. The hives on my scalp (which I have had off and on for at least a decade) cleared completely. I think it was my pillows all along. So when I got home I pulled my mom's feather pillows out of our guest room and have been luxuriating in my non-itchy scalp ever since...

will have to go buy mom some more pillows - or make an investment in buckwheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment