Friday, October 29, 2010

Pillows and Deodorant

So, I mentioned the pillow thing to my mom and she ordered me a buckwheat pillow. She also said she would give me the very feather pillow that was under my head at night while I stayed at her house. Isn't she great!?

The pillows of hers that I brought to my bed aren't feather after all. They feel like feather, squishy and all - but are actually some kind of foam. The hives are back albeit better than before. I am excited to see how things go with the new pillows!

After my armpits peeling completely as a result of some Jason brand deodorant I decided to try some crystal deodorant. Mind you, I was skeptical. I live in a VERY hippie town, which generally makes shopping for whole natural foods easier but also means that most of the people in my town smell REALLY bad. Apparently, they aren't using the crystal deodorant that I am. This stuff not only works but my armpits feel great. I was super tired last night and decided to go to bed without a shower. The deodorant is STILL going strong, 36 some odd hours later. Here's what I'm using:  http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Fresh-Deodorant-Crystal-Packages/dp/B001G8Y9LQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1288384053&sr=8-3

Not too expensive and worth every penny.

3 comments:

  1. My hubby is allergic to any deodorant except the crystal. He loves it. He tried the liquid crystal, but it didn't work as well as the plain crystal. I pit out on the crystal, so I'm still hunting for a non-aluminum brand that works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the Jason brand deodorant, except for the armpit peeling of course. If you aren't allergic to corn it's worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea for crystal deodorant! we switched several months ago and unless we're really working up a sweat we have no problems. we worked in the 90 degree heat building a fence last weekend and only after about 7 solid hours did the crystal deodorant fail. we've been very happy with it and thankfully, no rashes or peeling!

    http://cornpeanutsandsoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete