Monday, November 1, 2010

corn in pharmaceuticals

first - thank god for spell check.  I can't spell pharmaceuticals correctly no matter what.  I try and try.

anyhoo, a member of the Delphi forums posted a question about medications utilizing corn and I became intrigued.  like a dog with a bone I made google my bitch and found this bit of fun:
http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/srchcont_rxlist.asp?src=corn&cat=rx-desc

now, that there is a list of all the drugs that have just the word corn somewhere in their descriptive information.  sometimes it's a reference to corn syrup and sometimes it's a reference to an ingredient being derived from corn.  but it's 230 different drugs.  sweet moses!  i'm actually tempted to type all 230 of those out into a spreadsheet and then do a search for all of the other hundreds of corn names (dextros, maltodextrin, glycerine,etc.) to see how big I can get this list.

that endeavor would be incredibly satisfying (as I love spreadsheets), but I would likely end up in a ball on the floor crying for the poor families who have to figure out how to medically treat their children who are allergic to 90% of the medications available and are dealing with a hospital and pediatric staff who know bupkis about allergies.

*shakes fist at sky*

2 comments:

  1. Do it! I would love to see that list. I think it would blow people away.
    Drugs are an issue when it comes to corn allergies and most people who don't have them just don't get it. I had to wait another 36 hours to get a safe antibiotic for my son due to his corn allergy. They claimed that it wasn't used that often anymore and because it's an 'old' drug, they don't stock it. Great.
    So we started implementing natural treatments and preventative stuff to try to keep the kids healthy so that they don't need big pharma! So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have Herpes in your whole body such as fever blisters, hsv, or roofing shingles you know what it is like to stay with the pain and discomfort that herpes delivers. I don't need to tell you how awesome it would be to find something that works so well that you no longer need to fear about stress or outbreak,Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my herpes in two weeks of taking it.is genuine and natural herbal medicine it has no side effect, The reason I'm writing this is that I promised Dr Itua I will share his herbal work to the world to see Herpes is no more a big deal.also Dr Itua can as well cure the following diseases...HIV,Hsv 1/2,Hepatitis B,Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer,Leukuemia Cancer,Lung Cancer,Brain CANCER,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Diabetes, Men/Woman Infertility, Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Facator V Leiden Mutation , Lottery Spell,Copd, Shingles,Fibroid, Fibromyalgia, Liver/Kidney Inflamotry, Epilepsy,Hpv,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Cold Sore, Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic Asthma. Here His Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . Whatsapp Phone.+2348149277976. I paid for his herbal medicine and sent it to me through Courier Service which I pick it urgently and used.

    ReplyDelete