Saturday, September 17, 2011

Environmentally Friendly - Corn Allergic UNFriendly

I have a great job, a fantastic boss, security, decent pay, wonderful co-workers and a brand new building to work in!  YAY!  Right?

The building is the newest of the new and so environmentally friendly you could probably eat the carpet.  It's true and it's made mostly of corn.  Fifteen minutes into my first day and my blood pressure started to drop.  I bolted for the door and haven't been back since.

My employer and I have worked up a telecommuting agreement and I now work from home.  It's going REALLY well and I feel better now than I have in years.  My random mysterious hives are gone.  My energy levels are higher.  My concentration is improved.  It's unbelievable.

Corn really can be an environmental allergy.  My allergist did me a huge favor at my last appointment (see previous post) by writing up a letter to my employer about the potential dangers of the workplace.  I'm so grateful for her.

On a side note, I've just discovered that my daughter has a yeast allergy.  A new adventure begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment