Saturday, October 22, 2011

Shampoo bars and fundraising!

My shampoo bars are cooling/curing now.  I did the hot process method in the crock pot and didn't receive even one chemical burn from the lye.  and here I was so scared.

The soap looks great!  I'm likely going to let it sit for 2-3 days before I give it a try.

After my post the other day I got to thinking about shaving my head again, and decided to do it.  St. Baldrick's gets the fundraising and Locks of Love can sell off my short-ish hair (they require 10 inches for a hairpiece) to help supplement their other funding endeavors.  I get to do two great things, I get to be bald, I get to escape the trap of shampoo/conditioner ... W.I.N!

However, I will update on the success of the shampoo bar before I have no hair!

By the way, if you are interested in contributing to cancer research via a St. Baldrick's event, please click on the link below:
www.stbaldricks.org/participants/baldheather2011

2 comments:

  1. How did the soap bars turn out? I've contemplated making soap before, but it seems like a lot of work. I'd love your feedback.

    I’ve started a blog hop for anyone dealing with allergies, eczema, or asthma, either for themselves or as a caregiver. If you’re interested in joining, please add a comment. I’d love to welcome you to the group. http://itchylittleworld.wordpress.com/blog-hop/


    Thanks.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good. visit this site hurry up waiting your order Thanks alot! Antipodes Skin Care Antipodes Australia

    ReplyDelete