Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shampoo!!!



I've been searching for shampoos that don't give me hives ... and it's been a long horrible battle. I tried going no-poo, but just couldn't take it. This works wonderfully. The PH is very alkaline, so I follow up a wash with a good Twinnings Black tea rinse (Edited to add: Twinnings gave me hives ... Stash tea gives the same results without the hives ... ), and so far so good....

From what I can tell online, Dr. Bronner's Citric Acid is not corn derived (their regular castile soap shows up on the cornfree list). Organic, Fair Trade and very concentrated. I use about 4 squirts to wash all my hair (just below my shoulders) so although it's pricey ($8/bottle), I have a feeling it will last for quite some time.

Ingredients: Organic Shikakai Extract (Organic White Grape Juice, Organic Sucrose*, Organic Shikakai Powder), Saponified Organic Coconut* and Olive* Oils, Organic Hemp Oil, Citric Acid, Vitamin E. *Certified fair trade by IMO. Oregon Tilth Certified Organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment