Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sourdough!

Yes, I made it ... and yes, it's fantastic! I used King Arthur flour (all purpose) and my starter finished in only one day, my sponge proofed for 10 hours and my dough rose in about 1.5 hours... it was delicious!

TIP: I used an old spaghetti jar for my starter and put the lid on it ... bad idea, there's gas buildup that needs to get out. Also, I believe the metal in the lid reacted with the starter and killed the first one I made. Best solution I came up with was using a rubber band and a piece of cloth over the top. This let the gas out of the jar as well as keeping flies and such at bay.


Follow the Directions here: http://www.prismnet.com/~sjohn/sour.htm (blogspot link won't work... sorry you'll have to copy and paste into your browser)

No comments:

Post a Comment