Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kettle Chips - Salt and Black Pepper - NOT CORN FREE!!!

You will see my post here: http://cornless.blogspot.com/2009/06/kettle-chips-salt-and-black-pepper.html praising the Kettle company for allowing me one little glimmer of culinary happiness in an otherwise 'snackless' world. Salt and Black Pepper chips are nuggets of bliss - unfortunately, despite what lovely Janet has to say about the subject .. these chips do indeed have corn, likely in the form of citric acid or yeast extract.

I am sad, and pissed off and sick, sick, sick. Nausea, headache, weak, etc. Same old same old.

Suk!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cornless:
    We saw your post and wanted to comment again about corn in our products...and also hope you are feeling better! The product that is corn free is our Kettle Brand® Organic Sea Salt and Black Pepper. This is the only product that says 'Black Pepper' in the name. The product that is not guaranteed to be corn free is our Kettle Brand® Krinkle Cut Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper. Two different products. Hope this helps. Janet on behalf of Kettle Foods

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that Janet came to the site to comment on this post and thrilled that the Kettle company has been so responsible.

    Best laid plans and all, I was foiled by a lazy interpretation of good data!!

    Thank you Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only eat the Kettle that are plain or lightly salted. I don't trust the others. Regarding the citric acid: I e-mailed the DaVinci company about the possible corn content in their latte' syrups. They graciously e-mailed back and told me that their citric acid is derived from corn, so watch out. I couldn't believe that citric acid is made from corn, but since corn is in EVERYTHING.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, citric acid is rough and is in virtually all canned foods. I'm giving up on chips entirely and living solely on homemade granola as a snack. waaay better for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete