Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kettle Chips - Salt and Black Pepper - CORNY!!!

UPDATED 06.28.09 - THESE DO HAVE CORN. SUK! I'm nauseous, headachy and drunk feeling. The ingredients clearly indicate citric acid and yeast extract ... but I didn't listen to my gut, i trusted Janet (below). Dammit Janet!

These are my favorite! a little hearty tang of soy sauce, smidge of salt .. perfect. Alas, with the corn allergy I'm scared and haven't tried them. Then today, out of the blue, Dottie (an angel from above) posted the item below in the Delphi Avoiding Corn Forum:

My husband won a contest, for guessing how many bags of potato chips can fit into a VW bug--so he gets a year's supply of free chips!! When I was on the phone to the company rep today about that, I mentioned to her how I was allergic to corn and how helpful her company had been to me a few years ago in answering my questions. (Most of their products do contain it.) Right away she said, "Oh, so you can't have maltodextrin or ctiric acid in anything, " and I was so impressed that she knew that right off the top of her head. She went on to say that the plain unsalted, the lightly salted, and the salt and black pepper chips are definitely corn-free, and all the other flavors are not, unfortunately. I also can use their peanut butter, which is delicious. If you want more info, this very nice and helpful woman's name is Janet Wilson and her contact info is:
Janet Wilson
Consumer Affairs
Kettle Foods
503-586-1507
jwilson@kettlefoods.com

--Dottie


It may not be clear to you how much I love these chips - or this forum. God bless Dottie!

No comments:

Post a Comment