Thursday, January 7, 2010

elusive hair care hunt!

I posted awhile back about the Dr. Bronner's Shikakai wash for my hair and about going with no shampoo for awhile. Well, I wasn't satisifed with either of those options. See, I'm a bit girly and I want to smell pretty (shikakai wash does not smell pretty). It's shallow, I know. In addition to being a bit girly I'm also really cheap, so buying the Shikai everyday shampoo (at .50 an ounce) or the Savonnerie shampoo (at .80 an ounce) made me cringe to a degree that head shaving became a viable alternative.

My husband is a treasure and bought me a book on how to make your own beauty supplies, but the fool author spent way too much time on picking out mineral makeup and shirked shampoo altogether (she claimed it was easier to just buy *sigh*). So I decided to take on shampoo like I took on cooking for myself. Carefully, methodically and with a zest for happy corn free survival.

We don't need to be deprived, we just need to work harder than others to get what we want.

Thus begins, what will likely prove to be, a series of posts with my shampoo recipes and results.

No comments:

Post a Comment