Sunday, January 10, 2010

Skin Care - Cornless style!

Moisturizers suck! About a year ago I started using only Jojoba oil on my face, no soap (barring a catastrophe that required a soaping). Here's what I do (this is for you ma').

Required items:
Jojoba Oil (I use NOW brand)
Vitamin E Oil (I use Jason brand)
Aloe Vera Juice
Water
Spray bottle
Washcloth

Daily Maintenance Recipe:
Mix in spray bottle
1 part Jojoba Oil
4 parts water
1 part Aloe Vera Juice

Each morning I spray about 4 squirts of this mixture into my hand and rub on my face, neck and chest area. You can monkey with the ratio based on your own needs. If I notice dryness throughout the day, I simply do the 4 squirt process again. Use as often as you need.

After shower care:
Pat face try and put about 4 drops of pure Jojoba into my hand. Slather on face, neck and chest (I do this full body on occasion, it's heavenly). If my face is REALLY dry I follow up with a few drops of the Vitamin E oil and let it all sit until it's soaked in.

Oil wash (two/three times a week, works well when your kids are in the bath and you have to stay in the bathroom with them):
Washing your face with oil is all kinds of good. It was good enough for the Romans, so why not us? eh? Here's the process.
1. Pull your hair back and get a washcloth very warm with water (not scalding, you aren't trying to cook anything).
2. Hold the warm washcloth on your face until it's room temperature.
3. Warm the washcloth again and repeat. This opens the pores on your face and let's gunk out. 4. Use 4-5 drops of Jojoba oil and slather on face. Rub gently for a bit while you contemplate the value of your skin and the joys of being alive.
5. Warm washcloth a third time and hold it on your face until it's cool.
6. Splash cool-ish water (not cold, you aren't a salad) on your face. This closes the pores and helps seal in the good oil you've just slathered on.
7. Pat face gently with a towel and let dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment