Sunday, April 26, 2009

Acid/Gas pain

I've been thinking that there are two issues going on with my stomach pain. The corn allergy was DEFINITELY the major factor, but even with the elimination of the corn I seem to be having this acid/gas issue off and on.

To be fair, some of the acid/gas may be corn related (since corn is in everything).

The long and the short of it is that I needed something to help with the acid this morning and I don't keep tums in the house. I could have done baking soda, but instead I took 1/2 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar in 8 oz of water. Viola! Acid gone.

I remember eating mustard packets while I was pregnant and getting the same impressive result. Mustard is all kinds of corn, but diluted vinegar does the trick.

I should look into a full spectrum digestive enzyme for a bit to see if that helps ...

No comments:

Post a Comment