Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Basic Wheat QuickBread



Ingredients:
1 cup oats
1 cup King Arthur wheat flour
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp baking soda
3 tsp apple cider vinegar

Preparation:
1. Preheat to 450.
2. Stir ingredients together and form into ball.
3. Place on greased pan
4. Bake for 20 minutes with pan of water under it
5. Eat fresh from the oven and slather with butter until it runs down your arm.

feedback fresh from oven: crust was very crunchy and yummy, insides moist and soft, flavor was VERY grainy - could use some sweet to cut the grain flavor, texture was perfect. Youngest loved it, oldest did NOT. I think it's an excellent first try.
next day: oh my, still good. I bagged it a bit too early and there was a bit of condensation in the bag, but the bread will be gone before it's an issue. I won't be able to tell you how the bread keeps for the long haul.
overall: good standard recipe. I think this is a base that needs added to. It's a bit too grainy for my tastes, could use more salt and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment