Wednesday, April 15, 2009

General Update #2

I'm getting there. Man corn is just in alot of stuff. Frankly, it's become clear that I have to stick with a handful of 'safe' foods until I get myself stable. Once stabilized, I can test foods carefully and methodically to determine what I can and can't eat. A list of my current 'safe foods' has been posted to the left, I may have left some things off, but for now that will get me started.

Yesterday I had no reactions and today only a mild reaction to some cheese. I was feeling pretty good this morning and think I have identified the general 'schedule' of my symptoms. See below for a draft of how I think this goes. It will be interesting to see if this holds true after the cheese incident.

START: Ingestion of offending item
15 - 30 mins later: first symptom (nausea, swollen throat, swollen tongue, headache)
2 hours - 3 hours later: abdominal pain
Day 2: constipation and lots of gas
Day 3: itchy scalp and face
Day 4: all clear

No comments:

Post a Comment