Friday, April 24, 2009

Corn Smoker?

I quit smoking in February in response to my stomach pain. On a whim, I decided to try to locate the ingredients of my brand of choice to see if I was smoking corn. The list below comes from the Parlaiment UK website as an appendix to a legal filing regarding cigarettes ... I didn't read the whole thing, but I like to imagine that legal evidence is pretty reliable information. Potential corn allergen information comes from the connor site which is linked on the right.

Camel Lights 84 mm
Substances on Product in decreasing order of addition level

    Glycerol (can be corn derived)
    Honey (can be corn contaminated)
    Calcium carbonate
    Cocoa
    Propylene glycol (can be corn derived)
    Guar gum
    Licorice root, fluid, extract and powder
    Fruits, fresh, dried extracts and esters thereof
    Cellulose fibre (this one makes me nervous, but fibre isn't specifically listed as an allergen)
    Flavourings
    Maple syrup, extract and concentrate
    Polyvinyl alcohol
    Citric acid and its tri-potassium and tri-sodium salts (can be corn derived)
    Magnesium oxide
Corn allergy? for gods sake don't smoke...

No comments:

Post a Comment