Saturday, April 18, 2009

Eating Out Failure #1 - Village Deli

Chili salad, it seemed relatively safe. Lettuce and chili and hot sauce. I was nervous but it was the only thing on the menu that looked like it could even possibly be safe.

I'm so nauseous and sad and tired. I have to just accept it and work with it instead of pretending it's not real or not that serious. Granted, it's not going to kill me, but it's ridiculous to take these kinds of chances. I would have been better off sipping my water and eating later at home.

Symptoms are extreme nausea, lethargy, irritability, foggy head and lump in throat. My face itches but it has been since Friday afternoon so I can't say that's related for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I'm sorry! Trying to eat out is so hard! My guess is it was the hot sauce. It usually has either vinegar or acetic acid or some preservative from corn. We've had the best luck searching for restaurants in http://www.localharvest.com . Restaurants listed there usually use local ingredients and often cook from scratch so they know mostly what's in the food. (But it's still hit or miss) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete