Saturday, April 11, 2009

Noooooo .... Starbuck's Sumatra!

I was so smart, brought a plastic bottle of my own half and half, used sugar in the raw just like at home. It shouldn't have been an issue, except that the coffee was different.

I'm so sad and frustrated. I can't do anything right, I can't eat any of the stuff I used to. I gave up smoking because of this shit, gave up coffee and learned to like tea, found out i'm allergic to tea so went back to coffee ... now this crap with the coffee. I could cry. I want to cry.

My head hurts like hell, i'm nauseous still (drank it at 11am, but it was a venti!), my stomach hurts ... and worst of all, I can't sleep because of all the caffeine so I can't even sleep it off. I feel awful and I'm embarrassed that I keep doing this to myself.

update: I've sent Starbucks an email asking them if there is anything at their shop I can drink. I'm doubtful, their website is pretty non-committal about allergens. doesn't appear they want to even touch the subject. Sad for them, I used to spend something like $4 a DAY there. the recession is my fault.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I'm so sorry! It is so frustrating!!! Please don't feel embarrassed. It's impossible not to have oopses with corn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a mother to a little girl with corn allergy (and Mango...).
    I'm used to beating myself up every time she accidently eats something that contains corn and I really sympathise with you.
    I'm sure you are doing you're best to keep healthy!
    hope since you posted this you may have found another coffee chain that sells corn-free coffee

    ReplyDelete