Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cheese

Whole day went well, up until this afternoon when I had approximately 1 oz. of Kroger Monterey Jack cheese. 15 minutes later I had a reaction that I honestly would not have noticed two weeks ago. My throat swelled a bit, I started slurring my words and felt like my tongue was swollen. Head got a little foggy (this is not foggy like the pita bread, just a little drunk feeling) and a mild stomachache.

ingredients are: "pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes, annatto (for color)."

response from Delphi member: "I'm afraid pretty much every ingredient in there could have corn! Milk from corn-fed cows, the cultures and enzymes derived from or grown on corn, and I believe that annato could have corn too. Oh, and then there's the lovely fact that corn starch is used on some cheeses to keep them from sticking to the packaging. Cheese is an iffy business."

Add cheese to the list of foods that I shouldn't gamble with. Good news is, no reactions yesterday, and only this one today - I'm getting the hang of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment